The blood pressure as indicated by the name is the pressure with which the blood flows in the body of the human beings. If the pressure is high, the treatment focus would be to lower high blood pressure, and for low pressure, the treatment is to bring it back to normal. In a healthy adult, the normal blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Here the top number denotes the systolic blood pressure and the bottom number denotes the diastolic blood pressure. Systolic is the highest pressure when the heart beats and pushes blood around the body, and the diastolic is the lowest pressure when the heart relaxes between the beats. If the top number goes below 90, then the condition is known as low blood pressure. Now the important points to learn are the ways to treat low blood pressure.
How to treat the low blood pressure
Low blood pressure is one of the common cardiovascular problems. In case the patient has a high blood pressure the target is to lower high blood pressure. The ways to treat low blood pressure are as follows:
- In the case of low blood pressure, the diet should contain a higher amount of salt but when the case is opposite that is when you need to lower high blood pressure salt intake should be less.
- It is recommended to consume a lot of fluids but non-alcoholic in nature. Alcoholic drinks should be restricted.
- Regular exercise is a very effective way for proper blood flow, which is good for bringing low blood pressure to normal and to lower high blood pressure as well.
- It is recommended to elevate your head on the bed while sleeping at night.
- Heavy lifting should be avoided.
- Standing still in a place for a prolonged period should be avoided.
- You should avoid straining while on the seat of the toilet for a bowel movement.
- Exposure to hot water such as spas or hot showers for a long duration of time should be avoided.
Thus, it can be very well understood that with certain changes in the lifestyle and some dietary modifications, the condition of low blood pressure can be effectively treated.