The versatile 2017 Toyota Highlander ranks top in the mid-size SUV segment. It has a ton of family friendly features along with a roomy cabin, is user-friendly and has an amazing list of safety features too. It has performed well in crash tests and packs in more power in the form of the V6 engine along with bolder styling and excellent fuel economy.
Smart features in this SUV:
- The Bird’s Eye View camera allows the driver to see nearby objects and maneuver in very small spaces with ease.
- The Perimeter Scan allows live display and a 360 degree view when parking.
- The Blind Spot Monitor alerts the driver when a vehicle enters on either side of the car’s blind spot.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert acts as a warning system for approaching vehicles by indicating in visual and audible manner.
- A built in mic at the front picks up the driver’s voice and transmits it through the rear speakers to the passengers – this is the Driver Easy Speak feature.
- The integrated SiriusXM Satellite Radio provides 150 channels of music, sports and comedy.
- The Entune Multimedia bundle makes integrates navigation and popular apps to keep one connected.
- Individual temperature control for the driver and front passenger and a separate panel for climate control for the second and third row passengers are available.
- The safety features include Traction Control, Anti-Lock Brake System, Smart Stop Technology, Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution.
- The Advanced Airbag System protects the driver and passengers of all rows with dual-stage, side, seat-cushion and side curtain airbags.
- The Tire Pressure Monitor System alerts the driver when a tire becomes critically underinflated.
- The Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection uses millimeter-wave radar to detect shapes and provides an audible warning of a possible collision with pedestrians.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control automatically adjusts the vehicle speed and maintains the distance between you and the car in front of you by using a forward-facing radar technology.
If you’re looking for a safe and reliable SUV, then this is it.