COPD is quickly becoming one of the most lethal illnesses in America due to an increasing number of people taking up smoking and being exposed to airborne pollutants. What makes it even worse is that more than half the patients are undiagnosed, and their condition only comes to light in the advanced stages of COPD. Though COPD has no complete cure yet, certain medications can work as treatment options. With about 11 million people being diagnosed with COPD in America, COPD medication is in high demand.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation – What you need to know?
COPD treatment can comprise a combination of medications and certain other treatments such as COPD oxygen therapy, pulmonary rehabilitation, surgery and psychological help to deal with stress. Pulmonary rehabilitation is the most popular COPD medication used by patients. Pulmonary rehabilitation helps patients to deal with COPD and carry on their everyday activities. It may not cure COPD but helps patients to deal with it. The highlights of pulmonary rehabilitation are as follows:
- Pulmonary rehab is a treatment program that is customized to the need of the patient.
- This COPD treatment teaches COPD management strategies to increase the quality of life, i.e., it helps patients to train the mind, heart, and muscles to achieve the best they can even with damaged lungs.
- In this type of rehabilitation, a team of specialists prescribes COPD medication to deal with and prevent certain symptoms of COPD.
- Pulmonary rehab also has an element of social care, which helps patients to come together and learn to cope with COPD together. This conditions the mind to deal with the illness.
- This facility also encourages patients to exercise on a daily basis, teaching them breathing exercises to improve the functioning of their lungs, and also to eat well.
- The rehab provides education regarding COPD and the various other treatments such as symbicort COPD treatment, new COPD treatment, and other information that patients with this condition ought to know.
COPD medication combined with the right treatments can help to improve the quality of a patient’s life. Pulmonary rehab is an amalgamation of various treatments being offered in one place.