The task of getting dentures is indeed a daunting task for most people. Dentures are usually long-lasting and work as natural-looking functional alternatives for missing or bad teeth. Dentures cost anything from $1300 to $1450.
Unfortunately, this expense can be quite difficult for some people. However, there are some ways in which a person can buy dentures at more affordable prices.
- Material: The material used by dentists is usually plastic. The grade of plastic or the material used can determine the cost of the dentures, and thus this might be taken into consideration when the dentures are being ordered.
- Dental health: The conditions of the patient’s mouth is of great importance as poor dental health can add to the denture cost.
- Taking all costs into consideration: Patients should get quotes from several dentists. Often unprecedented costs can come up. So the estimates must be made accordingly.
- Geographical factors: Apart from these, the denture costs can vary quite significantly geographically. The cost is always less if the procedure is performed in a small town as compared to a mainstream city clinic.
- Prospects of discounts: There are dental societies and NGOs that offer free or discounted care for low-income patients during events that have been planned for this purpose.
- Dentures Alternatives: Bridges and partial dentures are some alternatives for replacing missing or extracted teeth. This is mostly the case where there exist viable abutment teeth to support a bridge crown.
Patients often overlook the service and maintenance aspect of dentures use. These costs can be for the modification of dentures over time to eliminate sore spots, improve the fitting of dentures, comfort, stability, and other issues. Thus, all these aspects must be taken into consideration to ensure that the dentures cost are as low as possible.