The Samsung Galaxy S series is known for its amazing features and superior technology. These phones have been upgrading the user experience with every new release.
Last year, the company unveiled two versions of this series. These are Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Both the phones are packed with similar features and technologies. They differ regarding a few specifications.
- Display: The two phones have a Quad HD display with Dual edge SuperAMOLED technology. The two phones differ in display size. The Samsung Galaxy S7 measures 5.1 inches or 129.2 mm while the Edge model has a larger display of 5.5 inches or 139.5 mm.
- Dimensions: Along with the display, the two phones differ in dimensions as well. The dimensions of the first one are 2.74 inches x 5.61 inches x 0.31 inches. As the Edge device is larger, its dimensions are 2.85 inches x 5.94 inches x 0.30 inches.
- Weight: The Edge model is slightly heavier than the basic version. The Samsung Galaxy S7 weighs 152 g while the Edge version weighs just 5 g more, which makes its weight 157g.
- Battery: The battery is the key differentiator between the two smartphones. The first model has a powerful battery with a capacity of 3,000 mAh while the second one has a better and more powerful battery. The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has a larger battery capacity of 3,600 mAh.
- Price: You may buy the phones tied with varied carriers like Unlocked, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T. The price of the basic version starts from USD 423.99. If you want to opt for the monthly plan, then it begins from USD 17.67. The price of the Edge model begins from USD 669.99, and the monthly price begins from USD 27.92. The monthly tariff on both the options is applicable for 24 months at zero percent APR with Samsung Financing. The cost excludes shipping and taxes.
Apart from these differences, the two phones are majorly identical. Opt for the one that suits your preferences the best.